Visitation Guidelines According to CMS & Signature HealthCARE Core PrinciplesIn light of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) guidelines, Signature HealthCARE facilities now can allow responsible and fully open visitation for all our residents and families. What an exciting time as our doors open even wider with love and care!
Because our resident population still remains vulnerable to COVID-19, our facilities will follow and enforce The Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention. We hope and expect all visitors will follow these rules. So please take note:
- Outdoor visits are preferred.
- During indoor visitation, we will:
- Not permit entrance to anyone who is COVID-19 positive, has symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meets the criteria for quarantine.
- Encourage frequent hand washing and use of alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Require visitors to wear a face covering or mask when the facility is in an area with HIGH Community transmission and/or at the discretion of the facility.
- Any visitor with the following MUST delay your visit and contact facility before your return:
- Postive COVID-19 Test
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Exposure to someone with COVID-19
**We hope all will adhere to these guidelines, but any visitor who does not follow the Core Principles and Facility’s COVID- 19 Visitation Rules will regrettably be asked to leave and/or not be permitted to visit.
- Visitation Specifics
- Residents can have visitors any time they choose, so long as it does not interfere with another resident’s rights or pose a need for reasonable clinical or safety restriction reasons.
- Visitors do not have to be vaccinated for COVID-19, but it is strongly encouraged. By law, the Facility can ask any visitor about vaccination status and record the visitor’s response. If a visitor refuses to disclose his/her status, the visitor will be required to wear a mask at all times during visitation.
“As we continue to navigate this on-going pandemic and adhere to the guidelines of CMS, we hope our residents, families, staff, this nation, and our world are on a precipice of overcoming this on-going pandemic,” said Joe Steier, President and CEO of Signature HealthCARE.
“The safety of our residents, families, and staff remain our top priority and it will take all of us being diligent, looking out for one another, to get there. We have amazing residents, families, and staff, and I know we’ll get there. We can do it.”